Ethical principles for editors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EDITOR
- Monitoring the ethical standards: Editorial board is monitoring the ethical standards of scientific publications and takes all possible measures against any malpractices. Research papers must typically be reviewed by at least two external and independent reviewers. The editor shall seek additional opinions where necessary.
- Fair play: The paper is evaluated for the intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the author.
- Publication decisions: The editor of a journal is independently responsible for deciding which of the papers submitted to the journal shall be published. The decision is based on its importance, originality, clarity, and its relevance to the scope of the journal.
- Confidentiality: The confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal must be protected. The editor must not disclose any information about the submitted paper to anyone other than the author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, unless otherwise agreed.
- Disclosure and conflict of interest: The editor shall not use any part of data or work reported in submitted and as yet unpublished papers without written consent of author. Moreover, the editor shall recuse himself or herself from processing papers if he or she has any conflict of interest with any of the authors or institutions related to the paper.
- Maintaining the record: The editor will guard the integrity of the published academic record and shall take reasonable measures when an ethical complaint occurs concerning the published paper. The editorial board is willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies in case of a clear evidence of unethical research and their retracted status will be indicated as clearly as possible.
The ethical principles of the editorial staff of the journal "Transfer. Reception studies" are in line with the following appendix.